Let's talk +44. (0)2089657612

Engineering Archives - Green Flame London | Mechanical & Electrical Service

Get Safety Check For Your Appliances

By: in: Engineering Posted March 25, 2018

Do you know that unchecked appliances in your home may put you in danger of carbon monoxide poisoning? All gas appliances need a regular control. It is a law regulation. You should do gas safety checks annually. Gas Safe registered engineer comes to your home to perform all the tests for you. If all is okay, you receive a Gas Safety Certificate.

What are the warning signs?

If you notice that your gas appliance is not working correctly, you should call emergency service immediately. The same applies if you see any black marks or stains on the gas appliance. An engineer who comes will follow the Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure. It gives engineers advice on how to deal with specific gas safety concerns.

Are you a landlord? – Check your responsibilities

As a landlord, you take responsibility for the safety of your tenants. If the property you let has gas appliances, you need to make sure that a few things are in place. These are maintenance, gas safety checks and record. Maintenance applies to pipework, appliances, and chimneys. If any servicing is required, you make sure that it is done on time. Gas safety checks, as stated above, should be done by Gas Safe registered engineer once a year. It is to make sure that people living in the property are not in any risk. All appliances need to function well. And, finally, you should show your tenants a record of the annual gas safety check. You have up to 28 days for that.

Who needs gas safety checks?

As we have mentioned above, you need a gas safety check if you are a landlord or a property owner, but the list goes further than that. Other entities include housing associations, local authorities, boarding schools, colleges, hotels and hostels. Make sure that all appliances, whether permanent or portable, have regular gas safety checks!


Likebox Slider Pro for WordPress